Restructuring and Insolvency
A&P has a consolidated experience in restructuring and turn-around transactions, as well as in insolvency procedures assisting now and in the past banks, financial intermediaries -national and international- and companies on such matters.
A&P also has long-standing experience advising on the purchase of assets or businesses in turn around transactions or out of insolvency proceedings.
A&P has consolidated its expertise in developing specific legal solutions to help to overcome the financial crisis, such as the issuing of participating equity or hybrid equity financial instruments.
In addition, A&P advises on extraordinary transactions in the contest or in execution of restructuring & turn around transactions.
A&P advises investors as well as insolvency officeholders and trustees.
- management of default situations;
- restructuring of financial indebtedness through both judicial (concordato in bianco, concordato preventivo – including in continuità– and concordato fallimentare) and extrajudicial transactions (restructuring agreements pursuant to Article 182 bis of the Bankruptcy Law, tax transactions pursuant to Article 182 ter of the Bankruptcy Law, and restructuring plans approved pursuant to Article 67 of the Bankruptcy Law);
- corporate re-organisation;
- distressed debt transactions and investments in assets belonging to insolvent persons;
- sale and purchase of non-performing loans (NPLs), both in portfolios and single names;
- turnarounds, debt-to-equity conversions, and issue of equity and quasi-equity instruments;
- bankruptcy litigation (claims, asset recovery, claw-back actions) and litigation related to composition or restructuring procedures.